Comprehensive Pilates Eligibility Requirements
Candidates for Comprehensive Pilates certification must meet the following requirements::
- 18 years of age
- Completion of Comprehensive Pilates training including all necessary coursework and assignments, including final exams required by the school or mentor
Comprehensive Pilates training must be minimally 450 hours in length and cover the following:
- Trapeze Table
- Wunda Chair
- Ladder Barrel
- Spine Corrector
- Magic Circle
The program of study may be live or live virtual and must address the following within the curriculum:
- Lectures: history of Pilates, anatomy, special populations
- Observation hours (student observes an experienced teacher)
- Practice Teaching (under the guidance of an experienced teacher)
- Self-Practice hours
Verification of comprehensive education is obtained from the school and/or mentor that provided the education.
Note: In cases where a candidate receives training through multiple schools over a period of years, one school or trainer must verify the education based on review or assessment of comprehensive competency.
* Candidates do not have to be a member of any professional/membership association to sit for the NPCP exam.
* The NPCP accepts graduates of any comprehensive program in Pilates that meets the parameters above.
If you have difficulties obtaining verification, please contact us for direction.